ESOL & SPecial Ed
Wood Acres is fortunate to have children from a variety of different cultures and languages. The ESOL committee arranges regular meetings and encourages ESOL parents to come together and share resources.
Wood Acres also hosts children with different learning styles. The PTA's committee on special education strives to connect parents not only with each other but with experts from the community.
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Department of Special Ed, Parent Guide
- The Special Needs Parent Network began at Wood Acres and serves parents of children with special needs in the entire Whitman cluster. To join their subscriber list, follow this link.
- Lab School Lecture Series
- The Auburn School Speaker Series
- Partnership for Extraordinary Minds, Speaker Meetings
- Devenio, Inc. — Founded by a former WAES parent, Devenio provides community-building opportunities for children with Down syndrome and other developmental disabilities
Please see Wildcat Week Ahead for announcements about any upcoming ESOL and Special Ed events. If you would like to help with either of these efforts, please see our Volunteer List for committee openings.